Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Olympic Pride


When I came across this photo, the first thing that came to my mind was how happy the synchronized swimmer was to be participating in the torch relay for the London Olympics.  Nadine Struijk of The Netherlands was in the Dutch national synchronized swim team for many years but now coaches the junior Dutch team.  The vibe that the photo gives off was really addicting to me and thats why I chose it.  It gave me this feeling that you have to strive for your goals in order to achieve them.  I had to stare at the photo for a couple of minutes in order to understand its full significance.  I think at first glance I just saw a lady jumping in the air with the Olympic torch.  But as I stared at it longer, I began to get a feeling of acomplishment coming from the swimmer which is what I think people might miss at first glance.  Basically, this photo is the story of never giving up because one day, you might actually participate in the Olympic torch relay.  This photo means a lot of things to me, but one in particular is that sometimes your going to be out of breath but that doesn't mean you stop.  If you do stop, you never achieve your goals.  If you keep going, you eventually will.  A question I'd like to ask is how much work has she put into synchronized swimming in order to participate in such a honoring event?

No comments:

Post a Comment